1. SINULOG SA KATAWHAN. The old sinulog dance where people worship the little child, Sto. Nino in thanksgiving and to hear their petitions. It used to be done every after the Saturday procession at the pilgrim center but this time around it is done after every last mass during the novena at around 8:00PM in the evening. The prayer leader in offering the dance will yell, “Pit Senyor sa mga Cebuanos kini.” Mentioning every sectors of the society: The children, men, women, married, separated, single, students, homosexuals and even the snatchers. Enjoyable and meaningful.
2. BATO BALANI WAVE. Join the throng of devotees raising and waving their hands in unison, praying, pleading and singing the chorus of “Bato Balani Sa Gugma” during the novena mass at the Pilgrim Center of the Basilica. So magical, it lingers even until you go home.
3. LIFEDANCE 2014. A strong line up of top international and local DJs. The most sought after EDM party in the country today has a new home at Sugbo Open Field in SRP. Believe me it’s windy and cold there, you might want to watch your alcohol consumption. Lifedance is on January 16, 2015.
4. PAINTENSITY. The ETC Sinulog Color Party 2015. Bigger, Wilder, and Messier. That is how organizers want to describe the repeat of the well-attended party last year that Cable Car run out of beers we have to buy some from our friendly neigbooring sari-sari store. Paintensity will be on January 17, 2015 at Cebu Business Park Phase 3 in front of CIC.
5. ORANGE KARENDERIA. The best and newest filipino food restaurant with very competitive pricing. Must try incudes crispy tuna, sinuglaw, chorizo, and garlic chicken. Orange Karenderia is located at Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City.
6. KUSINA UNO. After all the parties, you will need recovery food. Cebu’s Pochero shall be the first on your list. Kusina Uno definetly serves the best pochero in Cebu. Their doorless and windowless story is located at F. Cabahug St., Cebu City.
7. WALK THE STREETS ON SINULOG DAY. The best spot during the Sinulog Parade is not in the grandstand nor in the cozy lazyboy at home but in the streets. Walk with strangers, friends and devotees. Face paint them, Dance with them. It’s gonna be a long walk so choose your shoes wisely.
8. DIY YOUR SINULOG T-SHIRT. Islands Souvenirs, a Cebuano brand, will hold its Cut and Style Your Sinulog T-Shirt at SM Northwing from January 16 – 19, 2015. Put the swag in your celebration with your customized party shirt. Your imagination as the only limitation.
9. DELICE. Delice Recipe Restaurant provides a great mountain view of the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu. Go there late afternoon for a spectacular sunset and city light view. Delice is located at Busay, Cebu City on your way to Tops.
10. IBIZA. Bring your guest to a beach party vibe in Movenpick’s Ibiza. Catch their happy hour of buy-one-take-one on drinks from 5:00PM to 6:30PM everyday. Your guest will certainly love the experience.