An irresolute crying clouds covered the whole city but my stomach is firmly convinced by its whining that it is hungry. Rainy days and hungry always get me hound for soulful food which today led me to Seoul. I mean to korean food.
Don’t you just love korean food on rainy days? The samgyupsal and bulgogi combo is a serious rainy day treat. Hot, spicy, filling, and healthy.
In Cebu, more and more Korean restuarants are opening their doors to Cebuanos. The latest I tried is Bacolod’s favorite Kimstaurant located at The Greenery in Pope John Paul II Avenue in Mabolo.
Here are some of my personal favorite arranged in order.
1. The Beef Galbi Jiim — braised beef short ribs — are fall-off-the-bone tender and rich in ﬂavor. It is a stickier version of Korean Beef Stew.
2. Their Bulgogi is one of the best here in Cebu. Serve hot off from the pan, it is sweet, tasty, with hints of spice. The beef is conspicuously fresh.
3. Japchae, a mixed dish at boiled bean threads, stir-tried vegetables, and shredded meat.
4. The double fried soy glazed chicken is divine. I’m definitely sure you will love it.
5. Yakiniku offerings of Samgyupsal and Galbi are of course must.
While at Kimstaurant, I highly recommend that you try the refreshing Aloe Vera Juice. Speaking of fresh, the raw beef meat with egg (Korean Steak Tartare) is also something worth exploring.
Kimstaurant is open from 11:00 am. to 11:00 pm. Make your reservations by by calling +63 945 988 5541.